Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 39 - An Amusing Day

Today was another fun day.  And, I was so happy I’d been exercising so much, just to keep up with it!  Basically, we took Michael to Knoebel’s Grove amusement park for the day.  It was a lot of fun walking around and watching him go on the rides.  It was sad though, too.  He wore out really quickly and wanted to go home long before anyone else was ready.  I am always happy with the progress he has been making, but sometimes get blindsided by how far he still has to go.  He is so strong in so many ways, but a ten year old should not get so tired, so easily.  Especially when he is surrounded by fun.  But, he did.

But, as far as my journey goes, it was a good day.  It was a rest day, so there was no pressure to do anything specific.  I was able to walk around the park and not get tired.  And, I even fit on a ride.  I only attempted the one ride, since Michael was in a hurry to leave at that point, but it was still a big milestone for me.  Hopefully, by the time we go back next season, I’ll be able to fit on all of the rides and he’ll have the energy to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment