Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 42 - Thank you Dan!


Today I am really grateful for my brother-in-law, Dan.  With Michael home from school this week, it’s been a little bit of a challenge to find two hours of alone time to exercise.  This morning, Dan volunteered to take Michael to the pool so I could do a 4 mile DVD.  I really appreciated that!  And, it was great to get the first hour of exercise completed early.
The second hour of exercise was even better, though.  I went to the gym for my favorite yoga class.  All the classes are good, but this one, I can do about 90% of the workout.  (The other yoga classes I can manage 60 and 75% respectively.  Yet, I still love them and look forward to going.)  And the instructor really makes sure that anyone who needs to modify a pose knows how to do it.  I really appreciate that.  So, it was definitely a challenging workout, but it felt so good at the same time.  I love the feeling of having all my muscles working, and really love the feeling of deep relaxation at the end. 

I am still struggling to understand how much I have bonded with the gym.  Anyone who knows me knows that I have always feared the gym, and avoided it at all costs.  Now, I find myself looking forward to going to the classes, and really enjoying them.  I don’t really think that I have changed that much over the years, so I am guessing that I have found a great match for me.
And, as I have been saying all week, tomorrow is the six week mark.  I am beyond excited.  I cannot wait to get on the scale tomorrow, and I am even more excited about the pictures.  Dan has volunteered to get Michael in the morning so I can go to an early stretch class followed by an intervals class.  Then, it will be picture and update time.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment