Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 20 - Getting Creative, and Stubborn

Today was definitely a challenge.  I knew that it was going to be a full day, and that if I wanted to get my exercise in, I would have to start before work.  So, I got up at 5 am and did a 4 mile walking video.  I was really sleepy, but still managed to work up a good sweat.  Then, I showered, got dressed and got in the car.  I had a full day at work, then picked up a friend from the airport and brought them home for dinner.  I felt really bad that I was watching the clock at dinner wondering how I was going to get another hour of exercise in before bed!   It was a huge rush to get another 3 mile video in, and then get into the hyperbaric chamber with Michael, but I did it.  I finished off with some deep yoga breathing in the chamber to round out the day.

I am really proud of myself for planning ahead and getting everything in.  The ‘old’ me would have thrown up my hands and said it just wasn’t possible; that I needed to make choices, compromises.  The ‘new’ me figured out a way to make it happen.  It wasn’t perfect, but I am so proud of myself and my new priorities.
That said, getting up at 5 am and exercising for an hour was HARD!  Really, really hard.  But, once I was done, I felt like I had crossed a huge bridge.  If I really am committed to this goal, then some days are going to be hard.  If it was easy, I would have done this twenty years ago, right?

So, I don’t really have a tip today.  But I did realize that while there are going to be times when I truly can’t get everything in, there are going to be just as many times (if not more) that I am just going to have to get creative.  Who knows, maybe my stubborn streak will finally pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment