Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 33 - True Decadance, If Only Temporary


This was a strange but great day.  I woke up at normal time and got Michael ready for school.  But, as soon as he was on the school bus, I did something really, really decadent.  I went back to bed and slept for more than 2 hours.  When I finally got up the second time, I felt absolutely wonderful.  I was rested, recharged, and ready to go.  I hadn’t felt that good in a long time.
There were two classes that I wanted to take today, one at 5:30 and one at 6:30.  So, it felt like a rest day, but I knew what was coming.  I loved the muscle challenge class.  It was all done with 5/8/10 pound dumbells (but you choose your own sizes) and a step.  It was extremely challenging, but fun too.  Of course, I finished the first class totally exhausted and drenched in sweat.  I would have been fine if I was only doing the one class.

I knew I was in trouble when the yoga teacher started off by explaining that she alternated between focusing on relaxation and active yoga, and that tonight was an active yoga night.  My legs, which had finally felt ‘normal’ for the first time today, got another huge workout.  Class has been over for over an hour now and I still feel wobbly.  Is that good?
I need to get to bed early tonight.  I am having some major dental work done tomorrow, so it will be a rest day.  I am not supposed to do pretty much anything until 24 hours after the sedation has worn off, so Friday is up in the air, too.  Can you send some positive thoughts my way tomorrow?  I am normally afraid of the dentist, and this appointment has me pretty terrified.  But, like everything else, I will get through it.  Right?


2 comments:

  1. prayers and positive thoughts for you honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll all over now and I'm so glad I did it. Hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal, but I'm taking it slow.

    ReplyDelete