Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 46 - An Epsom Treat

Today was a rest day, and boy did I need it.  I woke up this morning with legs so stiff I could barely walk to the shower.  But, I made it through the day.  I’m writing this early because I have big plans for the evening.  I’m going to soak in an Epsom salt bath for a while, then read in bed and go to sleep early.  That means I need to get all my night time tasks done before the bath.  OK, not the most exciting plans ever, but I’m pretty happy.

During my vacation I managed to get enough regular sleep that the bags that had taken up permanent residence under my eyes mostly faded away.  I want to try and get enough sleep to keep them gone.  That means planning things a little more carefully, but will definitely be worth it.  And besides, there is nothing on TV worth staying up late for. 
I am finding that this journey is really making me focus on my priorities.  I had always assumed that Michael and Steve were my biggest priorities and that work and everything else came second.  What I am finding now is that Michael and Steve are still number one, but that my health comes high above anything else, even work.  So, I am consciously making decisions that I never paid attention to before.  I’m making sure to get up every hour or so instead of staying glued to my computer for the entire work day.  I’m actually taking lunch breaks.  I’m keeping the TV turned off at night.  Little things really do seem to be adding up to a much healthier and relaxed lifestyle.  Not something I expected, but a definite good side trip on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment