Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 38 - My Vivid Imagination

I am so excited.  This has been an amazing day.  I woke up and went to water aerobics at the community center.  It was pretty good.  And, it was nice to have an hour class instead of just 45 minutes like at home.  I forget how much I love being in the water.  My flexibility and range of motion just seems so natural in the water.  If only I could find a way to defy gravity out of the water!

Then, this afternoon, we took Michael bowling.  It was a lot of fun to just hang out and bowl as a family.  It’s not something that we get a chance to do very often.  And, I even got a couple strikes.  We only played one game because Michael got tired, but it was still nice.
But, the very best part came this evening when I visited a local gym.  Every time we come to visit, we pass a place called Hazleton Health and Wellness Center.  The building looked a lot like the gym I go to at home, so I was thinking it would be a good place to visit.  I looked them up online and then called to ask about guest passes.  They said the first visit was free, and after that, it was ten dollars a day, or six dollars to take a class.  Very reasonable!

But, what I was so excited about is that they had a recumbent stepper, like I see all the time on the Extreme Makeover:  Weight Loss Edition show.  I’ve always been curious about the machine, but didn’t think I’d ever get a chance to try one out.  The lady who checked me in to the center helped me set the machine up and made sure I was doing everything right.  So, for thirty minutes, I got to pretend I was actually on the show and doing the workout in my living room.  Yes, I have a vivid imagination!  But, it really was fun to try it out!
Then, I used their recumbent bike for another half hour.  It was really comfortable, and even had arm rests with heart rate monitors built in. I don’t think I’ve had so much fun working out on cardio equipment.  Plus, everyone was really nice.  When I had questions about coming back, or the class schedule, they took their time and answered all my questions.  Even though I was just visiting, they made me feel welcome, and I appreciate that!

This was definitely another great day.  Tomorrow will be a rest day, but not really.  We are taking Michael to an amusement park, so I am sure that I’ll be getting in a ton of walking.  It should be fun.  I just hope that all this exercise will pay off and I’ll be able to keep up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment