Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 35 - Day Two of Recovery

Apparently, yesterday’s anesthesia took more out of me than I realized.  I was all set to go to the gym and exercise today when I realized I had no stamina and no coordination.  I double checked with Steve and he validated that I wouldn’t be wimping out to take an extra rest day to recover from the sedation.  So, please don’t be annoyed with me for listening to that and spending another day getting back to myself.

The cool thing is that I am really, really happy I did the whole metal filling removal thing.  I normally don’t like to spend time and/or money on myself.  But, this one was important.  The fillings were getting old and I just felt like it was a bad idea to be letting all those mercury vapors run loose in my head.  So, since I’m putting in all this effort to eat right and exercise, it seemed like a really good thing to round out the process.  Yes, it cost me an ‘extra’ rest day.  But, I gained a level of peace that I wasn’t expecting.  That makes me happy.
Tomorrow, I will be back in the gym first thing.  There is a stretch class followed by an interval class, and I’m really looking forward to both.  After that, my program is going to get another big test.  We are going to visit my parents in PA for a few days, and I am going to be exercising while traveling.  It will be a challenge, but definitely a good one.  Steve had a wonderful idea to look and see if my gym has a reciprocal agreement with any local gyms, and I found one.  So, if I run out of things to do any my parents’ house, I’ll have a whole new gym to explore.  Doesn’t that sound like fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment