Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 19 - Mixed Emotions and House Arrest


I am so glad I went to bed early last night.  Today, when I was exercising, I actually was able to enjoy the movement.  Instead of counting every minute in the first video, I was actually smiling and listening to the music.  That is a huge milestone for me.  I vaguely remember enjoying exercise before, but this is the first time since starting this project that it hasn’t been pure torture.  Now, the second video I did was a lot harder, but I got through it.  Then, I finished up with a quick fifteen minutes on the elliptical.  That was actually kinda fun.  I am really excited that my body might be starting to get used to the exercise again!
I’m a little bummed that my husband has a lot going on for the next couple weeks, so I am stuck at home in the evenings, and probably over the weekend, too.  That means no evening classes at the gym.  I’ll survive, but I was just starting to enjoy the variety.  But, it’s only a couple weeks.  I’ll live.  Anyone want to come sit with Michael so I can go exercise?  I didn’t think so.
One thing I will highly recommend is seeing if your library has digital books on tape.  I can go to a website, check audio books out with my library card, and download them right to my phone.  Then, just set up with some earphones and time on the elliptical just speeds by.  Well, at least if the book is interesting.  I never really thought I’d like audio books, but they do keep my attention more than listening to music.  Although, the music does let you zone out easier.  Just another option!
I guess that’s about all for tonight.  I am picking a friend up from the airport tomorrow after work, so I have to get at least an hour of exercise in before heading in to the office in the morning.  That means getting up before 5am.  So, I am going to see if I can get to bed before ten and get at least seven hours of sleep.  Fun stuff.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment