Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day 51 - Rest and a Plan

I got a little concerned last night that the pain in my lungs just didn’t seem to be getting better.  So, we decided to check in at one of the local urgent care centers.  The doctor was really great and listened carefully to what I told him.  He listened to my heart and lungs and decided that the pain was most likely musculoskeletal.  That was good news.  He said I should take a day off, take ibuprofen three times a day, and use moist heat.  Then, if the pain lessened, it would be safe to get back to exercising.

So, I took today off and followed the doctor’s recommendations.  The pain is definitely less tonight than it was, but it hasn’t gone away completely.  But, now that I know that it’s nothing serious, I know that I can get back to work.  Steve (the designated voice of reason for this journey) and I (the very impulsive, obsessive one) decided that if I’m feeling OK tomorrow, I can do one hour of exercise and then see how I feel.  It sounds like a good, safe plan.
I don’t like taking unscheduled days off, but I also know that this is a long, long journey and I need to live through it.  And, I’m hoping that the rest and ibuprofen will make me even stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment