Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 78 - My 11 Week Results!

Finally!  I had a great weigh in this morning!  After waiting forever for the scale to move, it finally dropped.  The official weight this morning was 322 pounds, for a total of 26 pounds lost in eleven weeks.  I’ve been grinning all day today!

I’m not really sure what made this week so much better.  I haven’t really changed much, and it was a hard week because of all my mB12 issues.  So, maybe taking a few days easier gave my body a rest it needed, or it could be it was just time.  No matter what the reason, I’m beyond thrilled.  It felt so good to see the scale drop!
It was a fairly busy day.  Michael had a CST appointment this morning, and then Steve and I went to visit a Saturday camp we are thinking about for him.  The program would be for four hours on Saturdays, and it looked really nice.  Between walking to the program and around to all the different locations they use, I figure I got about half an hour of walking on the tour.  I’m not sure if we’ll be able to sign him up, but it’s definitely a great program. 

After we got home, I did a four mile walking video.  It was nice to be able to do the video at full speed again.  I enjoyed the feeling when my legs just knew which way to move because I’ve done it so many times. And, I love that my balance is getting so much better.
But, the best part of the day didn’t have anything to do with exercise, or the scale.  I had bought Michael the game ‘Operation’ while we were out.  He saw it on the table and wanted to play it immediately.  It was so much fun to sit and play a regular board game, and see him enjoy it appropriately.  Plus, it’s good for his fine motor skills!

I finished the day with half an hour on the bike while Steve took him into the hyperbaric chamber. It was nice to ride the bike and just reflect on the day, and the week.  While it was definitely a hard week, there are a lot of good things, too.  And, now that the scale seems to be moving again, I really hope it keeps going.  I’ll be working extra hard this coming week to make sure it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment