Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 56 - Strength and Balance


As hard of a day as yesterday was, today was good.  Michael is still struggling with fall allergies, but he’s doing much better.  And, I think I’m getting stronger.  I did a 4 mile video today at lunch time and actually enjoyed it.  It felt good to move.  I still have a long ways to go before I’m doing the full video at 100% intensity, but I’m getting better each time.  It makes me smile to think that I’m actually enjoying it.
But, what is making me truly happy is that today was Friday Yoga.  It’s my very favorite class.  It’s still hard, and I am dripping with sweat, but wow is it relaxing too.  When the class is done, I feel like my entire body has been stretched and massaged.  It’s a welcome, relaxed feeling that I don’t get very often.  And, tonight I even managed to do three down dogs.  Again, it wasn’t as long as the rest of the class, but probably ten seconds each.  For me, that’s a major accomplishment.  And, my legs are getting stronger, too.  When it was time for tree pose, I was able to hold the pose on each leg the entire time without falling out of balance.  I never thought I’d be able to do that!
I
 am learning more about myself as I keep going in this journey.  It’s definitely not what I was expecting, and so far from what I was hoping for, but it’s still pretty amazing.  I am thrilled to be doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment