Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 53 - A Make Up Day!


I did something today I didn’t think I could do.  I got in two hours of exercise on a Tuesday!  I chose Tuesday as my rest day for two reasons – there aren’t any classes at the gym that I would like to take, and I’m in the office all day, so I get up early and come home exhausted.  These are big reasons why it’s hard to get the exercise in on Tuesdays.  But, since I took Sunday off, I really wanted to make up for it today.  So, my reasons became excuses, and out they went!
This morning, I got on the bike first thing and did 45 minutes before work.  It was hard to get my heart rate up – I was so tired and my legs just didn’t want to move.  But, I did it.  And, I think I actually had a little extra energy at work today.  That was a surprising bonus!

But, when I got home, I really was exhausted.  I wasn’t quite sure what to do.  I talked with Steve and told him I still had to do an hour and fifteen minutes of exercise.  He suggested doing the 4 mile video that I really enjoy.  He’s a smart man.  The hour went by pretty quickly and I got in a great workout.  Then, after a rest and some dinner, I was able to finish up with 15 minutes on the bike.  It was a lot less painful than I had anticipated. 
I’m really happy that I got the exercise in today.  It would have been really easy to say that it was a rest day and I was sticking to my schedule.  But, after a little bit of soul searching last night, I realized that I was actually rested and ready to go.  I had no need of a rest day, and I didn’t want to give myself an out that I didn’t need.  So, today became a make-up day.  I am really, really proud of myself for that.

To balance out the pride, I do want to be realistic.  I’m sure there are going to be days that I won’t be able to make up.  And, I worry about putting a lot of pressure on myself to not mess up.  But, I feel so comfortable with my support system.  I know that between Steve, the rest of my family, and my friends, no one will let me get away with being lazy.  And, hopefully, no one will let me do anything silly, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment