Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 55 - A hard, rough day

This has been a hard day.  Starting from the moment my alarm went off until now.  When the alarm went off, I did manage to go down and get 45 minutes on the bike before work.  Work was challenging, to say the very least.  Then, I got a call from school that we had to come pick up Michael because he wouldn’t settle on the bus.  Steve went to get him and somehow managed to get them both home safely.  Things went downhill from there.

I was really happy that I did the exercise before work because I was totally convinced I wouldn’t get any more in for the day.  Michael needed 100% focus and attention.  But, when he had settled enough that we could get an idea of what was wrong, we gave him a lot of food to eat, and followed with a Benadryl.  Twenty minutes later, we had our happy kid back.  What a relief!
When things calmed down I was able to get back on the bike and do another 45 minutes.  I had been hoping for another 30 minute session to get my full two hours in, but that just wasn’t in the cards.  Michael still needed a lot of time and attention.  The great thing is that I found a kids yoga dvd on Netflix and he did the entire thing.  But, it was a kids DVD, so no mommies allowed.  That was fine though.  I was just happy to watch and encourage.  It was what he needed, and it was really calming for me to just be the coach for a bit.

So, even though I didn’t get all my exercise in, I still consider the day to be a success.  We all got through a really rough day and ended on a good note.  In my book, that’s a win!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment