Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 231 - Packing to Go!

Excitement and anticipation have officially taken over.  I am almost packed and ready to get in the car tomorrow.  I can’t believe I am actually doing this!

But, I still need to report on today.  I was so sore today from my workout last night.  My thighs, my shoulders, even my abs have been complaining today.  But, not my knees.  I am so thankful for that.  I really, really love that the trainer knows how to give me an excellent workout without causing any damage to my knees, at all.  If anything, all the squats should make them stronger.
Since I was so sore, and because work was absolutely nuts today (it always is, right before you take off), I ended up only doing an hour and a half of exercise.  But, it was definitely time well spent.  I found some charcoal bamboo socks that I wanted to try out, so I used them and did a half hour on the elliptical.  Usually, by 20 minutes in, my feet are burning.  Today, I did the 30 minutes and my feet were fine.  It was great.  Then, I went to yoga tonight.  You all know how much I love my Friday night yoga class.  It really helped to end the week and get me started on this new adventure.

The best part of the day was just realizing that this is actually happening.  I am actually going on a fitness vacation.  I am not sure what I expect as far as the scale goes.  But, I do expect to push myself during the workouts, and to learn a lot.  I am hoping to really jump start the next phase of this journey.  Oh, and the other best part was realizing how much my husband loves me.  He made sure to get the car serviced before I left, and has been running around all day making sure I have everything I could possibly need.  When he found out the car needed new struts, they were done.  He says he doesn’t want to give me any excuses to not come back.  I feel very loved.  And excited.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!!! I look forward to reading about your experiences there.

    ReplyDelete