Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 254 - 36 Week Results, Picture Pending

I was supposed to have pictures today, but my computer died, and I’m not sure when I’ll be able to post this week’s result picture.  It’s on the camera, so I’ll post it eventually, but right now I am just praying that Steve gets the computer working again in time for work tomorrow.  But, the weight news is that I stayed the same this week.  So, I’m still stuck at 296 and 52 pounds down.

I’ve been really frustrated for a while now.  I’ve been doing everything I can think of to push my body to let go of this weight.  Nothing seems to be working.  So, I was talking with Steve (OK, whining, a lot) and he gave me a suggestion.  Every time I’ve tried to break this plateau, I’ve upped the exercise.  His suggestion was to actually cut back a little and see if my body responds better.
At first, I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to cut back on the exercise, but the more I thought about it, the more it makes sense to at least try.  I’ve been so tired lately. I just haven’t been able to recover from my workouts, and I’m still tired after coming back from the resort.  And, even the recommendation from the resort was 45-60 minutes 5 days a week.  So, what I am going to do is this – drop to five days a week and one hour a day.  If I feel like doing more, I certainly will.  But, I think my body just needs a break.  And, I need to respect what my body is trying to tell me.

I’m really struggling with this.  It feels like I’m copping out or getting lazy, but the bottom line is that what I’ve been doing just isn’t working.  I have to try something else, and see if it works better. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment or send me a message?
For today, I did a little over thirty minutes on the treadmill, alternating jogging intervals with walking.  It felt really good to be able to jog a little bit.  Even though it was slow, I loved that I was able to make it for a full minute at a time.  This is definitely good preparation for the 5K coming up in July.  Oh, I forgot to mention, does anyone want to do the 5K with me?  I’d love to have company!  Already, a friend that I met at the resort said she will do it, so we have a mini team going.  Want to join the team?

The other thing I did today was an amazing workout with a personal trainer.  He had me using the TRX system, kettle bells, and ropes.  It was such a hard workout, but really, really good.  I even did pushups on a 30” cube.  It was so nice to do full pushups, not from the knees.  As I get stronger, I’ll be able to go to a smaller cube, and then the floor.  I can’t wait!
The best part of the day today was going to the library with Michael and my Mother-in-Law.  It was just a quick errand, but it made Michael so happy.  I know he just wanted to go and ride the elevator, but he’s getting used to the idea of one trip up and one down.  And, any trip out of the house without a meltdown is a great thing.  Plus, it was nice for him to spend some time with his Grandmother.  All in all, a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment