Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 253 - Starting to train for the 5K


Today was a pretty good day.  I took Michael to his yoga class and really worked up a good sweat.  The nice thing was that she did the sun salutations at a really slow pace, so I was actually able to keep up with them.  That was nice.

Then, this afternoon, I officially started preparation for the 5K in July.  I went to a local track and did the first workout from the couch to 5K app.  I wasn’t able to run for the full minute each running interval, but I did OK.  I will probably have to repeat week 1 a few times until I can get there, but I will keep at it.

After the jogging, I was really wiped out and kinda depressed.  I talked with Steve and will probably be making some changes to my program.  I need to think about it and iron some things out.  As soon as I finalize it, I’ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment