Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 236 - Wednesday at the Biggest Loser Resort Niagara

Today was amazing.  Beyond mind-boggling amazing.  I woke up this morning well ahead of the alarm.  I decided to just lie there and meditate for a while, and then get up.  In the shower, I realized I was happy, truly happy on the inside.  It’s been a long time since I really looked forward to a day, and just expected great things.  I want to keep this positive energy and pure joy in my life.

6:00 – Stretch.  Fantastic way to start the day.  I left feeling energized and ready to handle anything coming my way.

8:00 – Spinning.  I was so afraid of this class, but I ended up really enjoying it.  She mixed up the standing and sitting, different levels, hand positions, everything.  By the time class was over, I was dripping in sweat, but amazed that I did it.

9:00 – Mountain.  This was a hard class.  You set your machine to a level for warm up and then increase every three minutes for twelve increases.  At the end, a couple extra increases are thrown in for fun.  It was hard, but I kept up.  At each level he had a recommended calorie for hour reading on the machine, and most of the time, I was over that recommendation by a few hundred.  I was beyond proud of myself for this class.

10:30 – Strength Circuit.  We had a choice of stretch, pool, or this class.  I wanted to really push myself today, so I took the strength class.  It was the same idea as Monday, but with some TRX stations added.  I loved it!  At the end, we did an ab routine that was so hard.  But, again, I made some modifications, and did the best I could.  I am getting more and more confident of myself with every class.

12:45 – Emotional Eating.  There were some good tips for surrounding yourself with positive supports, and recognizing the difference between eating for hunger and eating for any other reason.  I figured I am mostly a stress eater, so that’s the part of the lecture I focused on.

2:00 – Hike!  I actually hiked for 3.2 miles today.  It was a hike down the road from the campus, and was absolutely beautiful.  There were some pretty steep hills, but I managed them.  I have a picture of me at the turn around post, just to prove that I made it.  I was the last person back for snack, but I made it.  There were others who bailed earlier, but I was much too stubborn to do that.  After snack, we were supposed to go back out and hike the trails or the paved trail for another 40 minutes.  I just couldn’t do it.  My feet were burning from the first hike.  So, I asked if I could finish the workout on a machine in the gym, and that’s what I did.  I absolutely LOVE that they are so flexible, and that I am so committed to finishing what I start.

4:15 – Abs.  This was an optional class, and there were only a handful of us there.  It was really good though.  It was the same trainer who did the strength circuit, so the same ab routine.  My stomach muscles were crying by the end, but I finished.  Then, she threw in a different exercise, and some stretching to finish it out.  Again, I was proud for going to the optional class, and not cutting any corners.  This is definitely a theme for me!

4:45 – Lecture.  This was a motivational story from one of the trainers.  He had lost over 100 pounds and looked amazing.  He shared his story with us, and I am really inspired by him.  One day, I will be there!

6:30 – Massage!  I had booked this massage before I got here.  When I walked down the stairs to the spa, my legs were so sore, I was seriously wondering how I would get back up the stairs.  When she finished, I felt completely revitalized and ready to tackle the rest of the week.  Definitely a great use of time!

Now, I am going to finish up for the day and just reflect a little.  Today I am feeling so strong and motivated – like I really can handle this.  During the final relaxation part of the stretch this morning, Betty wanted us to make ourselves a promise.  My promise was that I would finish this journey and get to my healthy weight.  Tonight, I know that I will keep that promise.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment