Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 233 - Checking Into the Biggest Loser Resort Niagara!

Well, today is the day!  I was planning on sleeping in this morning and then slowly driving the last 90 minutes to get to the resort in time for a 1:00 check in.  But, at 6:18 my eyes popped open and I was awake.  I couldn’t sit still so I decided to just get in the car and take my chances arriving early.  Fortunately, my room was ready and they let me check in early (around noon).  I was so happy. 



The first thing I did was unpack and get comfy in the room.  I set up my contraband coffee pot and started to calm down a little.  I took a couple pictures and skyped with Steve and Michael.  I have almost no phone signal here, so I won’t be making many phone calls.  But, the room is nice and everyone seems friendly, so that’s a great thing.
 

 
 
Once it was actually time to check in, I was able to do the full check in process for the program.  They weighed me on a high tech scale that measures weight, body fat, hydration, etc.  I’m not sure how much I trust the numbers.  I mean, I know the weight is accurate, but the rest, I’m not going to lose sleep over.  They also took measurements.  It will be great to see how I compare after the week.

After the weigh-in, I met with the nutritionist to go over my menu plan for the week.  They are great about food allergies!  When I made my reservation, they noted my allergies in the record, and my menu was all marked up to take them into account.  The great thing is, they are pretty much gluten free here, with the exception of the box lunch they give you on Sunday for lunch.  That makes me feel a lot better.

Next up was a quick tour of the campus.  It wasn’t the greatest tour in the world.  The sidewalks are all snowy and a little slippery, so it was a little nerve-wracking for me.  I know, it’s winter in Niagara.  I’m hoping that it’s a little less slippery tomorrow.  But, we did see the conference building, the gym, the fitness studio, and looked in the windows at the pool.  The pool is closed on Sundays, so we couldn’t go in.  Other than that, it was a pretty standard tour.
Next, we hung out in the lobby area and got to know each other a bit.  It was nice to talk with others, see what their journey is like, and make new friends.  It looks like there are only two ladies who stayed over from last week, and all but two of those starting this week are here for just one week.  So, we have a lot in common!

Dinner was actually really good.  They have a tiny salad bar with tiny plates and tiny little cups of dressing.  But, the food was really good.  There was even an oatmeal type bar for dessert.  I’m really relieved that they are great about food allergies.  It was nice to just enjoy the meal and not worry about if it would make me sick!

After dinner was an orientation session.  First we had an icebreaker activity in the lobby, and then went into the lecture hall for the presentation.  It was a slide show that told about the resort, it’s mission, etc.  It did answer a lot of questions, and I’m really excited for the week ahead.  Well, not so excited about the 5:15 wake up call.  But, I’m sure I’ll be fine.

I only took pictures of the welcome sign and the room today because it was so wet and snowy today.  Tomorrow, if it’s nice, I’ll take more pictures of the buildings and the main lobby.  It really is a beautiful location.

No comments:

Post a Comment