Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 250 - A Rough Day with a Silver Lining

Today was a really rough day.  Wednesdays aren’t normally office days, but I had a meeting this afternoon.  I had everything planned out so I’d get home and get to the gym in time to exercise and then go to yoga.  But, things didn’t quite work out the way I planned.  The meeting ran really late, and by the time I got home, I barely had time to eat dinner and get to the gym in time for yoga.

But, once I was on my mat, things started to turn around.  The class was really great tonight.  And, because I hadn’t exercised before class, I had a lot more energy than I normally do.  Tonight was the first class where I actually did, and held, all the down dogs that the instructor called for.  Well, with one big exception.  When everyone else was doing a full sun salutation, I did the half series.  Other than that, I was able to keep up really well tonight.  So, I ended the day really proud of myself and feeling like I got a great workout in.

On the way home, I was reflecting on how things didn’t go how I planned, but still managed to work out well.  I think I’m going to not worry so much about getting exactly two hours in every day, but focus on making sure that I get in a great workout every day.  I’m not sure if I’ll be able to let go of my stubborn streak enough to actually do it, but I am going to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment