Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 238 - Friday at the Biggest Loser Resort Niagara

I can’t believe today was the last full day of my vacation here at Biggest Loser Resort Niagara!  It was definitely jam packed.

6:00 Stretch – I really like waking up with a stretch class.  It is such a calm and peaceful way to start the day.  I want to figure out how to incorporate this when I get home.  I’m not sure how, but I will think about it!

8:00 Circuit Training – This was a little different than the strength classes we’ve had so far.  This time, we started with a cardio machine for two minutes (after warm up) and then switched to a strength machine for two 45 second intervals.  The back and forth between cardio and strength was definitely interesting. All in all, I really liked the class.

9:00 Spinning – I actually enjoyed today’s spinning class.  If I weren’t for the pain from the seat, I might consider trying it at home.  But, the pain from the seat is so hard to get past. I will definitely keep it as an option though.

10:30 Option:  Pool, Stretch or Cardio Intervals – I chose stretch again. After the spinning class, my legs were so tight and hurt so badly, it was really all I could do to drag myself to the studio to stretch.  And, if I haven’t said it, I really miss my yoga classes, and the stretch is the closest alternative.

12:45 Lecture:  Planning Strategies – This was a really good lecture.  It was more interactive than most of them so far.  It was also very practical.  Mostly, she focused on setting goals for ourselves once we get home, and strategies to meet those goals.  This was one of my favorite lectures.

2:00 Hike – There was an offsite hike this afternoon, but it was in the woods, and not free from ice and slush.  Given the fact that my knees were really sore from running yesterday, I didn’t want to take any chances with the terrain, or slipping on the ice.  Instead, I was able to stay in the gym.  I did an hour on the Octane Machine and then thirty minutes on the elliptical.  I also had my snack in between.  When the group came back, they said I probably made the right choice.  At least one person fell on the trail, and others said I probably would have had problems on the ice.  I’m glad I listened to my intuition and still got in a great workout.

4:15 Mini-Stretch – This was just a 15 minute class to work out the kinks after the hike.  In my case, it stretched me out after the cardio I did.  Even though it was short, it was worth it.

4:45 Lecture: Open Forum – This was just a question and answer session, with a lot of brainstorming.  I liked it.  And, I was even able to give one piece of advice or someone struggling with a goal.  That was a good feeling.

Overall, it was another really great day.  I did remember my coffee this morning, and that might have helped.  The interesting thing is, it’s past the time where I’ve collapsed in bed most nights, and I’m still awake.  I wonder if that means that my body is finally getting used to the level of exercise and providing a little more energy to compensate.  Whatever the reason, I like it!

Tomorrow will be a short day.  We only have classes in the morning, and no stretch class.  Then, most of the afternoon is free, with a ‘graduation’ ceremony at 4:00.  But, even though it’s a half day, the exercise on hand seems pretty rough.  I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment