Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 255 - Monday Exhaustion

Today I realize that I am making the right decision by cutting back a little.  I know this because I am completely exhausted, and my muscles are hurting beyond belief.  I didn’t want to give up either my muscle challenge class, or my yoga class tonight, so I did both.  Just like every other Monday night.  But tonight, it seems to have drained every last drop of energy that I had.  So, I am more convinced than ever that I need to cut back for a bit and see what happens.

That said, the first class was really, really good.  I was doing rows with 20 pound weights, and bicep curls with fifteen.  Those are really good numbers for me.  But, by the time we got into yoga, I knew that it wasn’t going to be a great practice.  The moves have been getting more complicated, and so I have to modify a lot more.  And tonight, there were times when I just had to rest in child pose for a bit.  It wasn’t a bad session, just not the best.
The joy of the day came when I told Cathie that I signed up for the 5K this morning.  She said that she would run with me a few times and keep me company.  And, that she was proud of me for signing up.  That meant a lot to me.  I have set up a team for the 5K.  If you are interested in joining, it’s July 14th in Washington, DC.  I am both excited and terrified!

Tonight, I am going to spend some extra time in the sauna, and hope that it helps my aching muscles and joints.  Then, it will be bedtime.  I am so looking forward to cuddling up with my pillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment