Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 230 - Bursting with Excitement!

Today was another great day.  I went back to the doctor and he saw some measurable improvement.  My pupil response is much better, and the same in both eyes.  That’s a great thing.  He was really happy when I told him that I wasn’t getting as cold after my workouts.  Overall, it seems like my adrenals are starting to function better. My reflexes are still really bad, but they will get there.  Hopefully, my thyroid will be next on the road to healing. 

After the doctor, I went straight to the gym for a personal training session.  It was fabulous!  Because the workout is different than what I am used to, I was really able to see things that I just hadn’t noticed before.  I can kick my leg a LOT higher than I thought I could.  Sitting on a stretch bench, I can stretch my hamstrings a lot further than I can when sitting (and my belly gets in the way.)  These are little things, but really make me realize that all my hard work really is paying off.  I might not see the gains I expect to see, but I am improving.
Even better was the fact that I was stronger than you would think just looking at me.  I was able to do three sets of squat rows, some lunge/chest press combinations, and even a kettle bell/squat exercise.  I love surprising myself by doing more than I think I can!  Even those painful looking ropes you see on TV?  I did those!  Just in four 15 second bursts, but I did them!  I am so proud of myself tonight.

But, the best part is that I really feel like I am ready to go to the Biggest Loser Resort this weekend.  My knee is feeling fine, even after the workout.  Mentally and physically, I feel strong.  I just have this feeling that I can do this, and I will do better than I hope.  Now, it might sound like I am putting unreasonable expectations on myself and this one week vacation.  That’s not it at all.  I feel like I am finally giving myself credit for all this work so far, and acknowledging that it’s working.  Have I mentioned, I feel amazing?

4 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration. Enjoy yourself and kick some booty!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jackie! I am just beaming tonight. Of course, I don't know how I'm going to get to sleep....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Renee! Good Luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I am so excited. I can do this!!!!!!

      Delete