Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 210 - Branching Out, Feeling Great

What a long, strange day it’s been!  I did manage to get in three hours of really intense exercise today, but in a rather disjointed way.  I did about 40 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the elliptical at lunch time, then did a personal training session for half an hour, and about half an hour on the treadmill.  Then, I followed it all up with an hour long yoga class. 

The funny thing is, all the exercise left me much more energized tonight than I’ve been in a while.  I really wish I knew where the line between being totally exhausted after working out and being slightly energized really was.  There doesn’t seem to be much consistency.  But, the days that I end up energized are really, really good.
The best part of the day was when I realized that I really am stronger than I think.  I was able to handle more on the treadmill than I expected, and I was able to do more exercises than I expected.  I think this journey really is helping me find out just how strong I am, mentally and physically.  I am so glad that I am pushing myself.  Even though the weight is coming off more slowly than I’d like, I am learning more about myself every day.  This journey is taking me in different directions than I had ever anticipated, but I am loving it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment