Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 215 - The start of a new routine?

Well, tonight I tried the BodyWorks class at LA Fitness.  Since Healthtrax cancelled the Wednesday night muscle challenge class, I needed to find another source for a weight training class.  I was really surprised to find that the only weights they used were 2.5, 5, and 7.5 pounds.  So, the class used light weights but a lot of reps.  I guess I’ll find out tomorrow whether or not any of my muscles got a really good workout. 

But, I got an excellent workout on the elliptical this afternoon.  I don’t think I have ever pushed myself so hard on the machine, for so long.  By the end of the hour, I had burned off 825 calories!  I wasn’t consciously doing intervals, but I think that’s what I ended up doing.  I would go really hard until I needed a break, then take a rest at a slower pace, and then pick up again.  I really love how strong I am feeling these days!
Tomorrow is Thursday, and Valentines day, so I am not sure what is going to happen.  I might be happy to take the Thursday option, or I might get back on the elliptical again.  I guess it will depend on how well it goes at work tomorrow and whether or not Steve has any surprises for Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment