Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 219 - Getting back on track, slowly

The last few days have definitely been hard.  The infusion on Friday definitely set me back a few days.  I had a terrible headache most of the day yesterday, so I couldn’t even think about exercising.  Today, I was able to get my two hours in, but had to break it up.  And, my head is pounding again right now, so this is probably going to be short.

The sad thing is that the personal trainer the gym manager set me up with stood me up today.  We had rescheduled on Friday because he wasn’t feeling well, and I am thinking he was still a little fuzzy today, because he completely forgot about our rescheduled session.  I’ve never been stood up by a trainer before!  But, we rescheduled, again, for Thursday night.  That will solve my Thursday problem for the week.
So, while I was waiting at the gym, I did half an hour on the treadmill as warm up.  Once I realized we had to reschedule, I decided to come home and finish my exercise here.  I did thirty minutes on the elliptical but needed to stop and take a break before getting on the bike.  After a while, I was able to get back and do an hour on the bike.  I was proud of myself for getting everything in, even if I did break it up into three sessions.

Even though it’s been annoying to be feeling sick after the infusion, it makes me hopeful that it’s doing something.  The whole point is to remove toxins from my system and help me get this weight loss moving again.  What I didn’t realize going into this journey is that your body stores toxins in fat cells.  As you lose fat, those toxins are released into your body.  If you lose too fast, your body can plateau because you can’t handle releasing any more toxins into your system.  So, especially because it’s backed up with lab tests, I really believe this plateau I am on is due in large part to my toxic load.  I really hope this treatment will help me break through. 
I realize that I have gotten away from my joy of the day.  Today, I woke up with energy and feeling clear headed.  That was such a change from my normal foggy morning routine, it was definitely a great feeling.  Even though my headache came back, and I’m still not 100%, that feeling first waking up was definitely the high point of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment