Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 205 - Under 300, Officially!

It’s Superbowl Sunday, and the game is underway, so this is going to be brief!  I did weigh in this morning at 299.5.  That is 48.5 pounds so far!  I’m frustrated that I don’t have an official 50 loss yet, but, I am under 300 for the first time in years.  That is definitely worth celebrating!

I have really been trying to step up the intensity of my workouts since I decided to go to the Biggest Loser Resort next month.  So, I did on hour on the elliptical this afternoon, and then another hour on the bike before dinner.  An hour on the elliptical is very, very intense!  But, hopefully, by the time I leave for my ‘vacation’, I will be in better condition.
It’s funny, I’ve been exercising consistently for more than 6 months now and I have lost almost fifty pounds.  It is hard for me to imagine stepping things up more, but that’s what I am trying to do.  I am using this trip as a reward for my hard work so far and as an incentive to keep going.  Plus, I am hoping that if I can get a big jump on the scale, it will really propel me to bigger and better losses.  Mostly, I just want to celebrate this journey and see how far I can take it.

The surprise of the day was that Michael let me sleep in this morning.  Usually, even if he knows that his Uncle is going to be watching him in the morning, he has to come in and say good morning.  Today, he got dressed and went downstairs without waking me up.  I really appreciated that!

No comments:

Post a Comment