Thursday, August 1, 2013

Finally Energetic and Happy

For the last few weeks, it's felt like I have been moving through sludge.  Every day I've been so tired, physically and mentally.  Today, for the first day in ages, I felt like myself again.  I didn't have to force myself to get up, exercise, get through the day.  Today, I felt happy, and ready to attack my workouts, and my life.

I started the day with a quick 30 minutes on the elliptical.  After the check in with my trainer yesterday, I really wanted to get it over with.  So, first thing this morning, even before breakfast, I got it in.  I chose the easier set of intervals, with 30 seconds hard and 60 seconds of recovery.  But still, it was a heck of a workout!

Then, at lunch time, I did the other Jillian Michael's DVD - front side for beginners.  It was really tough, but so doable.  I am finally getting excited about my program again.  I love that I have a plan and I can stick to it.  And, I will be able to get strength training three times a week.  That is an awesome thing.

And, to make things even better, I did another plank tonight.  After the DVD this afternoon, it was definitely a challenge, but I made it the full 90 seconds.  My plan is to do 90 seconds a day for a while and see when I can up it to 105 and then two minutes.  Eventually, I'd love to get to three minutes.  But, that's a ways away right now.

So, for gratitude, I am just so thankful for today.  I needed to know that I was still capable of being happy, feeling rested, and having energy.  I know that we all go through ups and downs, but I really needed this up day.  I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, but I am hoping for a repeat!

Food:  Perfect
Exercise:  30 Minutes Elliptical, 45 Minute DVD, 90 Second Plank
Gratitude:  Feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment