Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Pain and Appreciation

Today was a good day.  I had a lot of energy and did some chores on my lunch break.  So, I thought I was in great shape going into my two classes tonight.  I might have been over confident.

Muscle challenge class was definitely challenging tonight!  We spent the first half of the class doing exercises with the yoga balls.  There was one exercise where we had our feet on the ball, hips in the air, and then brought the ball in to our butt.  I don't think my hamstrings have stopped shaking yet!  Then, there were pushups, sit ups, wall squats with arm raises, anterior raises on the ball, you get the idea.  It was a hard, hard class. I will definitely be feeling this one tomorrow!

The second class was yoga.  I did notice that I'm able to hang in for more and more of the class each week.  There are still poses I can't do, but there are fewer of them.  I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to flip the dog, but I do have hope for the balancing half moon.  I'll get there.  It might take another year or two, but I will get there.

I was talking with Steve today about why I keep going, even though the scale is just not cooperating.  So, I figured I'd list out the non weight accomplishments again, just to prove to myself that the number on the scale is just a number.  The gains I have made outside the scale are what really matter in my life:

I don't need my CPAP!!  (That's the biggest one)
I can walk up the stairs without holding the railing, or getting out of breath
I don't need blood pressure medication anymore
I don't need blood sugar medication anymore
I have more energy than I used to (It's still not great, but getting better)
I can carry Michael
My balance is so much better
I am stronger
I can walk 4 miles

I'm sure there are more things to be grateful for, but that's a pretty good list.  So, no matter what the scale says, I will keep going.  I like the benefits I'm getting for all this hard work!

Weight: 298
Diet:  Great
Exercise:  2 hour long classes
Gratitude:  See list above!

No comments:

Post a Comment