Monday, August 26, 2013

More ouches

I decided to be brave and go to my Monday night classes tonight.  I put a tegaderm strip over the blister, and then added a bandage to that.  I couldn't find a blister bandage big enough to cover it!  Walking in a shoe still hurt, but I decided to tough it out, as long as I was careful.

The first class was pretty good.  There were a few things I couldn't do, especially backward lunges.  I'm thinking anything that really extended the heel was suspect, but I was suprised that I was able to get through the class with only minor modifications.  And, it was a good class, too.

The problem started when I took off my sock and shoe for yoga.  The bandages wanted to come off right away.  Fortunately, I was able to find some scotch tape and tape it back in place.  It held OK for most of the class.  But, I found out pretty quickly that I just couldn't do down dog.  It put too much pressure on the heel, and I couldn't make it work.  But, that's OK.  I made the class work, and I'm proud of myself for sticking to it.

When I came home, I put a new tegaderm strip on it, and it feels so much better.  I'm definitely going to have to get another box so I don't worry about running out!  But, to be completely honest, I'm really glad tomorrow is a rest day.

Diet: Great
Exercise:  Muscle Challenge and Yoga
Gratitude:  Being able to modify and keep going with my classes

No comments:

Post a Comment