Sunday, August 11, 2013

Happy Milestone

Today was unusual in that I hadn't planned my exercise ahead of time, and I hadn't gotten any text messages with suggestions.  I played around with the idea of taking the day off since I didn't get one last week.  But, I was feeling a little energetic, and didn't want to waste the energy.  So, I decided to go for a walk.

It was a little warmer than my ideal walking temperature, and the sun was hot, but I was ready for a walk.  And, as soon as I got going, I decided that I wanted to focus on pace today, and not really how long or how far I ended up walking.  So, I just walked as fast I could without panting.  I was mildly out of breath, but not panic breathing.  And, it felt good to be moving, and pushing my comfort zone.

What I wasn't counting on was the last hill before the end.  It was pretty steep, but I was determined to make it.  All in all, I walked 2.34 miles in 43:22.  That ends up being an average pace of 3.24 miles per hour and my fastest pace ever.  Not bad!  In fact, I'm really, really proud of myself.  I had been hoping to average around 3 miles an hour, so I was able to push past that.  Now, if I could just do a whole three miles at that pace, I'd be on top of the world.  Of course, then I'll want to go even faster, but for now, I'm just happy.

For my gratitude of the day, it was a nice family dinner with my Mother-in-Law.  Her birthday is later this week, and we wanted to have a birthday dinner for her.  She came over and spent the afternoon playing with Michael and we had a steak dinner.  It was nice.  We don't have celebration meals all that often, and it was definitely a nice change.

Meals:  Great
Exercise:  Fast paced (for me) walk
Gratitude:  Spending time with family

No comments:

Post a Comment