Saturday, August 3, 2013

Loving Jillian for Beginners

Today was a busy day and I didn't get to start exercise until 7pm.  Well, I did do my 90 second plank this morning, but that doesn't count for a lot.  But, I had promised myself that I would do the second Jillian Michael's Beginner DVD, so I dug deep into my stubborness and forced myself to put the DVD in.

I am so glad I did! Within minutes I was dripping sweat and really feeling the workout.  Fifty minutes later I was soaking wet, exhausted, and beaming with pride.  I love that I can do this, and I can use real weights.  I also like that all of the exercises are adjustable.  Even though I am starting out at the beginner version of most exercises, I know that I will be able to get to the more advanced versions eventually.  That makes me happy.

The point of gratitude today was that I got to spend some time with Steve's other brother, niece and nephew.  I don't get to see them very often, so that was nice.  And, while I was exercising, Steve went with them to Chopt and brought me back a salad for dinner.  Very nice!

Exercise:  90 Second Plank, Back Side DVD
Food:  Perfect
Gratitude: Spending time with extended family

No comments:

Post a Comment