Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ouch Ouch and Ouch

I wasn't feeling really well yesterday, so I decided to take the day off.  And, my legs were still sore today, so I wanted to do something a little more gentle than the elliptical machine.  So, I thought I'd go for a nice walk this afternoon.  I had a new pair of walking shoes, so I thought I was pampering myself when I headed out the door.

Boy was I wrong! About fifteen minutes into the walk I realized my right heel was lifting in the new shoes, and was rubbing.  I stopped and tied the shoe tighter thinking that would help.  Again, I was wrong.  A few minutes later I decided to call Steve and ask him to pick me up.  I've never had to do that before.  When I got home, I had a huge, open blister on the back of my heel.  So much for a gentle walk!

I was lucky in that we had some tegaderm bandages, and I was able to get the whole thing covered really quickly.  But, it's still been hurting for most of the afternoon.  But, the good news is that I got almost half an hour of walking, at a 3.1 pace.  For me, that's a pretty good pace.  I would have been happier with an hour at pace, but you live and learn.

Diet:  Perfect
Exercise:  30 minute walk
Gratitude:  Having Steve come get me when I realized I was hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment