Wednesday, August 7, 2013

So Tired

Today was a session with my personal trainer.  Frankly, after Monday night's class, I was scared.  But, I am fully committed to this path.  So, when I was on the elliptical at a 1400 calorie/hour burn, she said that the whole point was to break me out of this plateau.  At that moment, I was afraid of spontaneous combusion.  If this plan doesn't work, nothing will.

After the 'warm up' on the cardio machines, it was time for the real workout.  Today seemed to be 70% upper body.  And it was intense.  I don't think I've ever done so many arm and shoulder exercises in a single session.  Plus abs.  Plus hamstrings and glutes.  When she left, my arms were literally shaking.  I guess it was a good workout!

So, tomorrow has to be a rest day.  I don't think my body has anything left to give.  But, it is definitely worth it. And my gratitude of the day is for being able to do this.  There are a lot of people who want to work out, who just can't, for whatever reason.  I have so many people in my life making this possible, I am full of gratitude.

Food:  Perfect
Exercise:  One monster personal training session
Gratitude:  Being able to do this journey

No comments:

Post a Comment