Friday, August 23, 2013

Up and Down Friday

I'm not sure what to make of today.  I was really sad most of the morning.  And, still having a lot of muscle soreness from Wednesday.  I talked with Steve, and we both decided I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself, and that something had to give.  Otherwise, I will end up depressed, sore, and frustrated.  So, I am going to give myself a bit of a break.  If I'm honestly too tired to work out, I won't.  If I'm still sore from my last strength workout, I'll wait until I've recovered.  Maybe if I'm not so stressed, just maybe the scale will decide to move again. 

So, tonight I went to my favorite Friday night yoga class.  That's all I did today, but it really did feel good.  I love the flow of the poses, the feeling of pushing myself, and the relaxation at the end.  It was a great workout, but seemed rejuvinating at the same time.  That's exactly what I need right now.

For the next few weeks, I'm going to be listening to my body more carefully, and trying to give it what it needs.  I'll still keep a close eye on my weight.  If it starts to creep up, I'll re-evaulate, again.  If it starts to creep down, I'll celebrate!

Diet:  Great
Exercise:  Yoga
Gratitude:  Having a husband who loves me and wants me to be healthy and happy

No comments:

Post a Comment