Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 289 - Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, I am not officially 43 years old.  But the thing is, I'm feeling much younger this year than I felt last year.  Over the last few weeks I've noticed that I don't have as many 'creaks and cracks' as I used to.  I'm moving so much more fluidly.  I don't FEEL like an old lady.  All this is huge progress, and makes me so happy.

When I woke up this morning, Michael gave me a card he made.  It has all the things he likes to do with me.  I loved that he had singing, playing games, and the hyperbaric chamber on his list.  But, there was nothing active on the list.  Maybe next year he'll have a list that includes going for walks, riding bikes, and swimming together.  Wouldn't that be nice?

While the card from Michael was definitely the highlight of the day, Steve and I also spent the afternoon at the mall in Columbia.  We were hanging out at the Oakley store, telling people about Talk About Curing Autism (TACA).  It was great to talk with people about an organization that I love, and to spreadd the message of healing, and of hope.  Even though I didn't get to talk with as many people as I was hoping to, it was definitely a great experience.

The Oakley session also counted as my exercise for the day.  Other than a few times when I needed to take a quick break, I was on my feet for over three hours.  That just doesn't happen all that often.  By the time we were done and back in the car, my legs, hips and feet were screaming at me.  So, even though it wasn't aerobic exercise, I'm defiitely counting it!

The rest of the day was wonderfully relaxing.  After dinner, I went into the hypberbaric chamber with Michael, and then spent time hanging out with Steve.  Plus, it seems like everyone I know sent me wonderful birthday wishes on facebook.  I am feeling very loved tonight, and that is a great feeling.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment