Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 264 - Busy Day, 800 Calories Burned


Today was a really busy day.  At lunch time, I did an hour on the elliptical.  Then, after work, we had an appointment with Kelly Dorfman, a wonderful nutritionist.  After Kelly, we made a quick stop at the library, came home, had dinner, and then got into the hyperbaric chamber.  Now, it’s pretty much bed time.  Some days go really, really fast!

I actually had fun on the elliptical today.  I did a five minute warm up, then did 50 minutes worth of intervals, then five minutes for cool down.  All in all, I burned over 800 calories.  Not bad!  And, I’m getting better at the intervals.  When it was time to go all out, I pushed really hard.  And, I found myself going fast again as soon as I had caught my breath.  I might just be able to get myself ready for the July 5K after all!

One really good thing that happened today was that Steve finally got himself a new pair of shoes.  The ones he had been wearing were really worn, and his feet and knees were getting sore because of it.  So, he went to a local running store and got new shoes.  I’m very happy just with that.  But, he also came out telling me that there is going to be a 5K a few miles from our house in two weeks.  I think I am going to sign up for it and just walk it.  I like the idea of getting a feel for the length before the race in July.  I really want to run in July, and this would be a zero pressure practice.  I like that.  Now, if I can convince my cousin to walk with me….

No comments:

Post a Comment