Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 274 - My First 5K

I did my very first 5K today.  I walked it with a good friend and had a great time.  We finished in one hour and one minute.  If we had seen the time a little earlier, we could have sped up enough to finish in under an hour, but that's OK.  I think we did great!

Before the race started, there was a kid's fun run.  Michael was very brave and ran a quarter mile with the other kids.  I was so proud of him, and he was proud of himself.  He wore the little medal they gave him for a long time when he got home.  Then he decided to put it away in his room so he could keep it.  I love it!

Here is a picture of me and Michael before the race.  Isn't he adorable?


Overall, it was a great day.  I actually had more energy today than normal.  I got a lot of stuff done around the house, and that felt great.  I guess I'll find out how my feet feel in the morning.  But no matter what, I'm really proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment