Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 288 - Much Better Day Today

I woke up this morning excited that I was going to get a bonus workout today.  Cathie doesn't normally teach the Saturday intervals class, but I knew she would be subbing today.  Any class that she teaches is going to push you, hard.  So, it was definitely worth dragging my butt out of bed early today!  The class was great.  Since they normally do step in the class, she integrated into the cardio part of the workout.  I was actually able to keep up with most of the moves, and used two risers!  I was shocked that I could do that. 

The strength part of the class was very similar to what we do on Monday nights.  I absolutely loved it.  It was hard, though.  I guess because the cardio part was so much more intense, I didn't have as much reserve to deal with the weights.  But, I did my best, and that's all I can ask of myself.  By the end of the workout, my face was bright red, I was a sweaty mess, but I was so proud of myself.  This was just what I need today!

After the class, I came home and took Michael to the library.  I had some items that needed to be returned, and I wanted to pick up some new things.  He just wanted to ride the elevators.  But, it was a great trip for both of us.  While I was checking out, he was watching the elevators.  A lady asked him if he was in line and he actually answered her!  I was so excited.  He normally doesn't speak easily to people he doesn't know.  So, it was great to see him answer, and interact appropriately with someone new.

The day got even better in the afternoon.  There was a Health Freedom lecture that I had really been looking forward to.  The lecture was great, and I got to see some friends I don't normally get a chance to see.  And, afterwards, Steve took me out to dinner.  It was so nice to have a 'date'!

Then, when we got home, it was time to take Michael into the hyperbaric chamber.  It was relaxing to just sit and chill for a while.  But, at one point, Michael got really cuddly and wanted hugs and cuddles.  I love that!  Then, he went back to his tablet, but I was smiling the rest of the time.

Now, it's time to finish up the day and catch up with a few chores, and spend time with Steve.  This was definitely a much, much better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment