Monday, January 6, 2014

Wow.. just wow

I've been on this journey for a year and a half now.  When I was first starting out I tried a lot of different classes.  I only left two classes part-way through.  Both times it was the second class in a row, and both times I was just not coordinated enough to keep up.  Tonight, in my regular Monday Muscle Challenge class, it took every ounce of willpower I had to not walk out of class.

I don't know if it was because of the new year, or what the motivation was.  But, I swear, it felt like the teacher was trying to kill us tonight.  We started out with fifteen minutes of step.  Then went into full up weight work.  Then there was another step interval, weights, etc..  Silly me, I had put in risers and was trying to keep up with the class.  Dumb move.  At one point I tripped over the step and almost fell.  That was the end of the step for me (for that series at least).  I felt so uncoordinated, out of breath, and terribly out of shape.  Like I said, it was all I could do to complete the class.

At the end, most people said they loved the format.  Of course, at least three people did leave in the middle.  I'm not sure if I am praying for her to go back to the old format next week, or that I'll have the strength to keep up better.  I'm leaning toward the second.  Pray for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment