Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year! I hope 2014 is a wonderful year for all of us, and that we all meet our goals.  I spent a lot of time debating what I wanted to do for a resolution this year.  I went back and forth between diet goals,  exercise goals, various motivation techniques, but finally decided that this year I just want to focus on accepting and loving my body the way it is.  Does that mean I'm giving up?  Heck, no! 

What it does mean is that I'm not willing to let my mood, my self worth, my happiness be affected by a number on the scale.  So, I am going to focus on treating my body with love and respect.  I will still feed myself healthy foods, but for the purpose of giving myself the most healing, energizing foods I can find.  But, I will not starve myself.  I will still exercise daily, with appropriate rest days.  But, I will not punish myself with exercise.  I will not push myself to the point of exhaustion.  I will move my body because it feels good, and I love the feeling of getting stronger. 

This year is going to be an exercise in patience, self love, and understanding that I am perfect the way I am.  I will do everything possible to take good care of myself, because I deserve it.  And that is my resolution for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment