Monday, July 15, 2013

Year 2! The last 365 days were just a warm up!

I am so excited to be starting the second year of this journey.  And starting it strong!  This morning I weighed in at 296.5.  It's not the lowest I've gotten, but it's an improvement over the last month or so.  And, it means the scale is moving in the right direction.  I'll take it.

Steve took the before/now picture.  I love that I can SEE the progress I've made over the last year.  And, I can see how far I have yet to go.  But, I have big hopes for year two.


I'm tweaking my program just a little bit:

Diet:  Full Ketogenic diet.  Very few carbs.  As much organic as we can possibly afford.

Exercise:  6-7 hours of exercise a week.  If I do two hours on Monday, then I can take both Tuesday and Thursday as rest days.  But, if I am feeling strong, more exercise is always good.  I'm loving my mix of strength training, cardio, and yoga.  I will definitely stick with that.

Gratitude:  I want to go back to remembering at least one thing to be grateful for each day.  It's such a positive, uplifting way to end the day.  I need this.

Accountability:  I will post my weight every Monday morning.  I need the accountability of reporting it.  If it goes up a little, it will mean I try harder the next week.  NOT the end of the world.  I will take a new picture the first Monday of of every month.  Of course, if I'm traveling, I'll have to adjust.

Flexibility:  I will NOT beat myself up if I'm not absolutely perfect. I will do my very best, but I cannot expect more than that.  And, when I am traveling for a vacation, I will probably take a few days off.  The body needs rest, and I definitely need a vacation.  Unfortunately, my next planned vacation doesn't happen until November.  I can make it.

Support:  I will keep up this blog, and my facebook page.  I really appreciate everyone who reads these and comments.  Your support is what keeps me going.  And, I wouldn't be able to do this at all without Steve.  He is he one who makes the time so I can exercise.  If that isn't true love, I don't know what is!

So, that's it.  What do you think?

Todays Results:
Weight:  296.5
Diet:  100% on track
Exercise:  1 hour muscle challenge class, 1 hour yoga
Gratitude:  My friends and family who support me.  Just seeing all the likes and shares on my facebook page today made me smile from ear to ear.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment