Monday, July 29, 2013

Loving My Monday Evening Routine

This was a really rough day.  The scale was mean to me.  Michael started out really grumpy.  I was the only one on my team working today.  Our air conditioner broke.  Steve was unhappy.  It just seemed like the world was piling on.  A little voice in the back of my head said that I was allowed to feel sorry for myself and skip my workout.  Not an option.  So, bad day or not, off to the gym I went.

The muscle challenge class was intense, challenging, and rewarding.  It was hard, really, really hard, but I love when I can push my body and feel it respond.  I am definitely getting stronger.  My balance is better.  I was able to hold a forearm plank for a full minute.  It just made me so happy to be able to do things I haven't been able to do before.

Then, yoga started.  I know it's going to be a good night when we start on the floor.  It gives me a chance to catch my breath after the first class, and really focus for the second.  She did some stretches that really open the hips and stretch the quad.  Those are my absolute favorite.  Of course, it was a hard class, and there were poses that I couldn't do.  But, I am feeling more confident, and more flexible.

The most important thing is that when I left the gym I was happy.  I felt relaxed.  It seemed like every drop of sweat washed away my stress.  So, as hard as the evening was, it was a gift as well.  So, thank you Kathie for a great evening!

Weight:  299
Diet:  Great
Exercise:  Muscle Challenge & Yoga
Gratitude:  Stress Relief from Exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment