Saturday, April 12, 2014

Long, Painful Day. But Really Good.

Today was a great day, but it was also really scary.  And painful.  The gym I go to has a barbell based strength training class several times a week.  I've never wanted to attend it, because I've been afraid of the barbell part.  I did try it once, but I just wasn't ready.  Today, I decided to try it again.  It was still hard, but I did much better.  What I think is good about the class is that it's lighter weights, with many reps.  It's pretty much the opposite of my Monday class that uses high weights and fewer reps.  I think the combination will be a great synergy in my program.  So, I'll be adding this class to my schedule as often as I can.

So, the morning was pretty wonderful. When I got home from the gym, I felt pretty good. I spent most of the afternoon watching a web broadcast of an autism summit.  It had some really good information, but I was getting restless just sitting and watching.  So, when it was done, I decided to go for a walk.

Steve warned me that I shouldn't do the full 5k path.  But, did I listen?  No, I didn't.  I should have.  My legs were still tired after the class this morning.  I guess all those lunges tired me out more than I realized.  By the time I got back home, my feet and legs were killing me.  I took an Epsom salt bath this evening, but I'm not sure if it helped or not.  Tomorrow is going to be an easy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment