Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lesson Learned

Today was another super busy day and I didn't get a chance to exercise at lunch time.  I was feeling guilty and trying to decide how I could squeeze in a cardio workout before yoga.  But, then I talked with Steve and he reminded me that this isn't a race.  And, an hour of yoga is enough for the day.  So, I listened to him and decided to go to yoga and enjoy the heck out of it.

I am so glad I listened!  Tonight was a more intense class and I was really glad that I was rested going in. I think I had the best class that I've ever had.  The best part was that I actually was able to do sun salutations tonight.  Now, they were the ugliest sun salutations ever, but, I did them.  Normally, going from forward fold to down dog is impossible.  Tonight, I did it.  By the time class was over, I was beaming with pride.

So, sometimes, I think I need to focus on enjoying the here and now, and getting the most out of whatever I am doing.  And, sometimes, I need to appreciate that I am getting stronger, and able to do more.  Tonight, I'm just going to enjoy this feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment