Friday, November 1, 2013

Busy Friday

Today was a really, really busy day.  I had a personal training session at lunch time.  I've been trying to slowly up the intensity of my exercise, and I might have just passed that edge today.  I try to judge how successful I am at the 'challenged but not exhausted' by how I feel an hour after the workout.  Today I just wasn't sure where to rank it.  I certainly wasn't energized by the workout, but I didn't think I was exhausted either.  So, somewhere on the tired side.  Given all that, I think I pushed just a little too hard.  Not end of the world, but a lesson learned.

Then, tonight, I went to my Friday night yoga class.  I must have been more tired than I realized because it wasn't my best session ever.  I felt tired through the whole class, where I normally get more relaxed, and even a little energized by the end.  Not tonight.  Tonight I feel pretty exhausted.  So, I am going to get to bed early and take it slow tomorrow.  I will still get my exercise in, but plan on pulling back a little and letting myself recover from today.  It's not much of a plan, but it's all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment