Thursday, November 14, 2013

I love personal training

As much as it kills me to admit this, I really love my personal training days.  Today was even more perfect because it didn't conflict with anything else.  So, I did half an hour on the elliptical as a warm up, and then an hour session.  When it was over, I was tired, but not exhausted.  That was a good feeling.

I love that in the sessions, I can focus on form, and strength.  What I mean by that is this - if I have any questions on how to do something right, I can ask immediately.  If I'm doing something wrong, I'll be told immediately.  It's just nice to know that I'm getting the most out of each exercise.  For example, in the deadlift I noticed that my knees move together, and I knew that had to be wrong.  She told me an easy way to fix it, and now I have great form.  Perfect!

The other great thing is having a spotter.  Today I was able to use twenty pound weights where I had only been able to handle fifteen before - for both shoulder presses and chest flys.  Because she was right with me, I knew I couldn't hurt myself if the weights got away from me.  That extra feeling of confidence is priceless.  And because of it, I'll be able to handle the heavier weights independantly soon.  I like that!

So, even though I feel that it's a big splurge to do the personal training, it is beyond worth it.  And, the feeling of pride when a session is over.. that is worth almost anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment