Thursday, November 7, 2013

Short but sweaty

On my way home from work today, I had every intention of getting in an hour of exercise.  But then, when I got home, I realized how tired I was.  So, I decided to start off with thirty minutes of intervals on the elliptical.  It was so hard to force myself to do it, but I did.  There were several times I just wanted to give up and call it a night, but I pushed myself until I finished the workout.  In the process I burned over 400 calories and was really, really proud of myself.

Once I finished the workout, I was exhausted.  In the interest of not pushing past exhaustion, I decided that a good thirty minutes of intervals was enough.  Some days are going to be better than others, and some days I have to listen to my body.  I'm proud of myself for pushing through the workout, but also proud of myself for deciding that it was enough.  Maybe I really am making progress after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment