Monday, March 3, 2014

Snow Day, So Improvise!

When I made out my plan for the week, I fully intended to go to my Muscle Challenge class at the gym tonight.  I certainly didn't plan for the gym to be closed due to weather.  But, Betty taught us to always have a backup plan.  So, at lunch time, I broke out my pictures, found a workout I liked, and did it.

I started with a five minute warm up, then went right into the Pyramid Challenge workout.  It was 1 minute of cardio, 10 burpess, 2 min 9 squats, 3 min 8 pushups, 4 min 7 plank ups, 5 min 30 sit ups, and then back down.  I found out a lot of new things today. 

First off, my old workout is now my warmup!  I used to think level 15 was hard.  Now, I use it as my warm up and was using level 30 for my workout.  And, when I wanted to really push for one minute, I bumped it all the way to 65.  That hurt, but, I did it!  And, when it was time for the burpees, I did less modification.  They were ugly, but they were intense.  And, since there were no witnesses, I was really happy. 

So, it wasn't the workout I was planning for the day, but it was definitely a success.  And, the support group for those of us who went last week has already started the first challenge.  I'm recording everything I eat and all my exercise in My Fitness Pal.  The challenge is only for a week.  But, who knows, maybe I'll learn a new habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment