Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday!

Today was finally a little more normal of a day.  I had a personal training session scheduled, but I was a little nervous because my shoulder has still been hurting, ever since BLRC.  But, she said she had a plan, and I trusted her.  Good thing, too.

I started off with 20 minutes on the elliptical.  I love that I'm still able to push to a higher level than I ever did pre-BLRC.  And, by the time my session started, I was definitely warm. We started the session with some ab exercises, and then moved more into shoulder work.  She had me do a bunch of rehab type exercises.  By the time we finished, my shoulders we definitely warm from the exercises, but there was no sharp pain.  That helped a lot!

We finished the session with a few ab/knee strengthening exercises.  They were hard, and my quads were burning, but it was a really good session.  And, for the rest of the day my shoulder felt really good.

I finished off the day with my regular Friday yoga class.  It felt so good.  I love that the class is fairly predictable and relatively low key.  By the time I left the gym I was feeling like a relaxed noodle.  And that was exactly what I needed.

So, overall, it was a great exercise day, and a great therapy day.  Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep in tomorrow and get back to my 'normal' exercise routine.  That would be a really, really good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment