Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Walk and Some Insights

I'm really frustrated because the scale didn't move at all this week.  So, I'm asking myself whether or not I did everything I could this week.  And, I really think I did the best I can.  Some weeks will be better than others.  But, I exercised, I followed my food plan, and even got extra rest.  I'm not sure what else I could do.

The only thing I could think of that's different is that I haven't been taking as many Epsom salt baths and I had been.  So, I'm going back to a bath every night before bed.  We'll see if it makes a difference.

For exercise, I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and take a walk outside.  I went for 2.7 miles in about 50 minutes.  According to endomondo, I averaged just over 3 miles an hour.  That's not bad for my first walk of the spring!  I'm hoping to walk outside a little more often, and hopefully build up some more strength in my legs.  I also did a couple strength exercises today - leg raises, crunches, and ball squats.  Overall, a good exercise day.

While I was walking, I did a lot of thinking.  I always hear in yoga to accept today's practice as perfect for me, where I am today.  I really need to expand that out into the rest of my life.  Some days are always going to be better than others.  I still hear Betty's voice in my head, urging me to do my best.  I also need to hear her voice telling me that there's no such thing as perfection.  The best I can do one day will be totally different another day.  I think if I take some of the pressure for perfection off myself, I'll enjoy the exercise more, and hopefully get more out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment